- 1 c (8 fl oz) natural nut butter, smooth (peanut butter or almond butter)
- 4 eggs, large
- 1/4 c (2 fl oz) heavy cream
- 10 g powdered collagen peptides, unflavored
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
For peanut butter chip pancakes:
- 12 g Swerve granulated (approx 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 28 g (1 oz) Lily's chocolate chips, or equivalent sugar free chips
For maple almond butter pancakes:
- 12 g Swerve brown, or brown sweetener equivalent (approx 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine base recipe ingredients with your chosen flavorings and blend until completely smooth with an immersion blender. Alternatively, you may process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet or on a griddle, heat over medium and grease with butter or coconut oil.
- With a tablespoon or soup-sized spoon, put a dollop of batter on your cooking surface and spread just a bit with the back of your spoon. The pancakes should be about 2" in diameter. Work in batches, if necessary.
- Cook over medium for 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. You will see it begin to puff, the sides begin to look less liquid, and there will be bubbles beginning to break the surface of the side facing up.
- Get your spatula well under the pancake and flip to continue cooking on the second side, another 3-4 minutes until golden on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove from the skillet or griddle and set aside.
- Continue cooking the rest of the pancake batter as above.
Makes 18-20 pancakes.
PB Chip Pancakes: 243 cal, 11.3 g protein, 20 g fat, 10.4 g total carb, 3.6 g fiber, 2 g sugar alcohol, 4.8 g NET carbs
Maple Almond Butter Pancakes: 223.5 cal, 10.2 g protein, 18.1 g fat, 8.6 g total carb, 3.7 g fiber, 1.2 g sugar alcohol, 3.5 g NET carbs
- Serving Size: Approx 3 pancakes (see Notes for nutrition information )